Learn, Share, and Speak Up.
Support the cause by staying in-the-know about the state of the mental health crises in our state and country. Here are some options to stay engaged:
There is a stigma that exists and the only way to break down that wall is to open up about mental health and start a dialogue. That first step begins with you.
- Share a story about mental health that touches you. Online...or just tell someone.
- Take a stance and share the message with these advocacy tools:
Informative flyer (can be handed out, posted on bulletin boards or emailed)
Facebook profile and cover images
Share the facts, infographic
- If you or someone you know has struggled with mental health, share your story. It might help someone else feel not so alone.
It's time to take a stand. Here's what you can do to show your support and help us change the future for children with mental illness.
Take them a meal to show your support.
Send them a message of hope (email, call, text, social media).
Ask what you can do to help--and mean it.
- Speak out against words or attitudes that discriminate against or degrade children with mental health disorders. Words can hurt.
- Be aware and let others know that any child considering suicide is to be taken seriously and should get immediate help by calling the suicide hotline or contact qualified counselors.