Parent's Guide to Mental Health
If you would like to share this guide with parents, please send them this link:
Do you know a child who is struggling?
They may be withdrawn, anxious, or overactive and disruptive. Or there are consistent behavior issues or other problems at school? It can be hard for a parent who is not sure where to turn for answers. How do you know if this is just a phase or if there are bigger issues? If you want to get help, what do you do and where can you go?
The free handbook “Children’s Mental Health, A guide for Parents” is a great place to start. In this extensive guide you will learn:
- What is mental illness? What causes it? Recognizing the signs and symptoms and where to get help.
- How do you know if your child or adolescent is using illegal drugs?
- Does my child need medication?
- What does my insurance cover?
- How to get help from your student’s school, peers and loved ones… and much more.